The purpose of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Unit in Auchi Polytechnic is to promote open door policy. The unit will coordinate the implementation of the FOI Act 2011.
Functions of the Unit
- Direct responsibility for the determination and generally ensuring compliance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2011, including preparation of FOI Act Compliance plan.
- Liaise with the FOI unit of Ministry of Justice carrying out the oversight responsibilities of the Attorney General of the Federation on effective implementation of the FOI Act for advice and guidance.
- Receiving and responding to FOI request and applications to ensure effective implementation of the Act.
- Ensuring regular training and retraining/capacity development of staff of the Institution on the FOI Act.
- Ensuring submission of Annual Compliance/Implementation Report to the Attorney General of the Federation on or before February 1st of each year.
- Ensuring publication of information on the operations and activities of the Institution as required by the Mandatory Publication Requirement (MPR) of the FOI Act and updating such information and records.
- In Liaison with relevant Departments of the Institution to prepare, maintain or caused to be prepared and maintained; all relevant information and records of the Institution that make such information and records easily accessible to the public in line with the FOI Act.
Contact FOI Unit
Email – email@example.com